Time & Location
Mar 18, 2021, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
About the event
You've been asking for a book club - and now we've got one!
This group will use multiple resources, including books, articles, podcasts, and videos as the backdrop for our monthly discussions. If you love books, we'll have books to read! If you don't love books (or can't find time to read these days), we'll have options for you, too. Even when you don't have time to read (or watch or listen to) the material, you're still welcome for the discussion. We're starting this on Zoom, and planning to move some discussions to in-person as schedules and COVID allow.
- When: March 18th, 6:00-7:30 pm
- Where: Zoom, of course.
- Topic: Microaggressions (What are they? How are they harmful? What can we do about it?)
Book and Media (pick one or more, no need to read all of these):
- So You Want to Talk About Race, written by Ijeoma Oluo (Chapter 12 specifically addresses microaggressions)
- Speak Up at School, by Learning for Justice (formerly Teaching Tolerance)
- How to Respond to Microaggressions - The New York Times, by Hanna Yoon (this article includes a couple videos for those who are video-inclined)
- Dear Nice White People, by Austin Channing Brown