Wed, Oct 20|
Book and Media Club (BAM!)
Join us for a discussion on Critical Race Theory! We will be meeting in person and offering a virtual (zoom) option as well. Please register via Zoom whether you plan to join in person or remotely. We will send the in-person address to those who register.
Time & Location
Oct 20, 2021, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
About the event
- New York Times: What is Critical Race Theory
- New York Times: Critical Race Theory: A Brief History
- Brookings Institute: Why are states banning critical race theory?
- New York Times: 1619 Project articles and podcasts (target of CRT critics)
- BBC: Critical race theory: the concept dividing the US
- Washington Post: What is critical race theory, and why do Republicans want to ban it in schools? (article and video)
- US News: What Is Critical Race Theory and Why Are People So Upset About It?
- New York Times, The Daily (audio file): The Debate Over Critical Race Theory
- EdWeek: What is critical race theory, and why is it under attack?
- ABC News: Southlake podcast (school board and diversity plan - one example)
- NPR: The battle over teaching CRT
Not sure how to categorize these but they seem important to read
- Heritage Foundation: Website with several articles, including Critical race theory in schools is a national problem (video)
- Heritage Foundation video: Critical Race Theory, Explained
- Fox News: Author debunks CRT with simple explanation